Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Bewitching Double Role

What’s common between Aamir Khan, Happydent, Coke, Parachute and Hum Tum, Fanaa, Rang De Basanti, Taare Zameen Par? Prasoon Joshi smiles “I didn’t want to die frustrated, regretting what I wanted to do but couldn’t or didn’t. So I just went ahead, made time and followed my heart…” Joshi has always maintained that for him words were the ultimate aphrodisiacs.

Communication, in any form – films, poems, lyrics, ads was the key. He believes decoding passion and emotion is what words are about. “When I am listening to a client passionately talking about his products, I am thinking how best I can effectively decode it. The same is true for the Bollywood arena. Its about consuming the message sensorially and sharing it with your target group with the same passion... This is the challenge and it excites me all the time.”

Similarities and differences exist. “Both are trying to communicate through words, visual , music, films. The difference is: one is a product, while other is about selling a product.” Is there an ‘awe’ factor in the Bollywood–adland interface?

“No more. Each lends the other a special dimension. Personally, I have never licked up to the tinsel town stars. My stars are Tagore, Premchand, Shakespeare, Ghalib, Kishori Amonkar, Sarat Chandra, Bhimsen Joshi, Bismillah Khan...” offers the ad-man. Now, we are talking Prasoon!

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2008

An IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

Read these article :-
ZEE BUSINESS BEST B SCHOOL SURVEY
B-schooled in India, Placed Abroad (Print Version)
IIPM in Financial times (Print Version)
IIPM makes business education truly global (Print Version)
The Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)
IIPM Campus



No comments: