Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Having tried different career options before zeroing in on acting, Madhavan’s real life story

Which according to you is the most powerful scene in the film?

I can tell you the scene that touched me the most is the one that follows my scene with my father and of Sharman’s interview... When we come out, and Kareena and Aamir are waiting, and we do "jahanpana tussi great ho" to Aamir, and he can't hold back the tears... One of the most touching culmination of emotional scenes that I have ever seen.

So true... Which has been the most difficult scene in the movie for you?

I think the song, “All is Well” was very tough for me. It was funny, and I had to dance in a towel. I was really thrilled.

How were your college days?

My college days were a blast. I wish all the students have half as much excitement during their college days as I did during mine. Half the incidences in “3 Idiots” are from my college days. I was a hardcore non-conformist. I was in the NCC, I was a non-local in Kolhapur, so I had to face that many difficulties when I was trying to make a mark in college. Being with the locals, being a part of them and then getting married to one of the girls from their part of the state is a huge achievement in college.

Which has been the most valuable lesson that you've ever learnt from a teacher?

I had a very good teacher in Col. Sarkar, and he was my commanding officer in the NCC. He had once told me that the best way to intimidate your competition is simply by the way you look and the way you dress. Half the battle is won with your persona. I have implemented it in my life and have found it to be very useful. When I say 'look', I don’t mean sporting designer accessories and clothes, it is just the composure and the dignity with which you present yourself that kind of opens up doors for you.

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2009


An IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

Read these article :-

No comments: