Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Is he the change we want?

B&E's Priyanka Rai engages in an exclusive one on one with Gujarat CM Narendra Modi

Narendra Modi has always been the topic of controversy. Sometimes for good reason, but most of the time for bad ones. He has been called a communalist leader, but then, India has seen many who share the same image. No one can deny that he is a successful politician, and a strong leader. He has been termed as the CEO of Gujarat and a likely Prime Ministerial candidate by corporate honchos. In this exclusive with B&E, he shares his views on the achievements of his Government in Gujarat, visions for India and the Mumbai terror attacks...

B&E: Your popularity is going up all over India. An MP from Kerala was punished for praising your work. Are you aware you have fans in all parties? 
Narendra Modi (NM): I am aware of this. Also through my close friends from other parties and even non-secularist and people who publicly criticise me, they also notice my good work and praise it. I am surprised the Kerala MP was punished for praising my work.

B&E: After what you have done for Gujarat, a lot of people look up to you. They feel that you can do wonders for the nation if you are made the PM of India. 
NM: I have studied political science and I remember how such talks and discussions have ruined many leaders in the past. This is not new, such flattery always existed and ruined the minds of big leaders. Its in fashion. People like Yashwant Rao Chauhan, Shankar Rao Chauhan, Sharad Pawar, Jayalalitha & Chandrababu Naidu have been through this. Sometimes Lalu Yadav is also portrayed as the next Prime Minister. I will not fall into this trap. All I know is that people of Gujarat have given me this responsibility to serve this nation, by serving them and I am content with what I am doing.


Source : IIPM Editorial, 2012.

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.

 
IIPM : The B-School with a Human Face